Discover wavy vs curly hair. Though both appear similar, their shape, texture, and appearance differ. Knowing these differences helps you embrace each type.
In general, there are four types of hair textures: curly, straight, wavy, and coily. It is often mistaken for wavy hair or curly hair to be interchangeable, however there are some significant differences between the wavy vs curly hair. Although wavy hair is often confused with curly hair, it actually is a form of curls. This blog will explain the difference between curly and wavy hair.
Wavy Hair vs Curly Hair
Curly hair forms a complete circle because it spirals 360 degrees. While curly hair has a more concave shape, wavy hair has an S shape. If your waves are tighter, then your curls will be looser, but they won’t form circles at the same level.
Wavy vs curly hair look different from each other. Despite this, many traits are misunderstood in the discussion, and more research is needed.
As a general rule of thumb, the curl pattern will determine if hair is curly or wavy based on whether it spins full circle or rotates only in one direction.
There is a difference between curly and wavy hair, even though many people think they are the same.
Various Hair Types including Wavy vs Curly Hair
A system of dividing hair into one of four curl patterns, Type 1A to 4C, was developed by Andre Walker, Oprah Winfrey’s stylist for decades. Depending on the shape of the follicles that grow out of your scalp, you will have different types of curls. Among the different types of hair are:
Type 1 (Straight)
There is no natural curl in type 1 hair. From root to tip, the individual strands do not waft, no matter how fine or coarse they are. There is no tangle in Vietnamese hair, as it is straight. There is enough thickness in Vietnamese hair strands. You can feel its thickness when you hold it in your hand. The firmness of this material makes the hair look full and weighted. Vietnamese hair can be purchased from HairVietnam brand if you are interested in buying it.
- Type 1A: Hair of type 1A tends to be very straight and fine or thin in texture.
- Type 1B: In type 1B hair, there are some bends, but the hair is straight.
- Type 1C: The texture of type 1C hair is coarser and straight.
Type 2 (Wavy)
This wave type lies closer to the head, is bendable, and can vary in size from fine to coarse.
- Type 2A: Wavy 2A hair tends to be more fine in volume, with soft, tousled beachy waves. The ends are loosely shaped, making them easier to style and adding some sexiness.
- Type 2B: From the mid-length, the hair is flat at the crown and rippled in an S-shape. A 2A’s strands are thicker and more difficult to straighten than a 2A’s.
- Type 2C: In 2c hair, the shape is more S-shaped, and the texture is more frizzy. Hair of the 2c type has an S-shaped pattern that is often visible on its top.
Type 3 (Curly)
The curls in type 3 are a mixture of loose, buoyant loops and tightly coiled, tightly coiled coils that have some shine, but tend to frizz.
- Type 3A: The curls on 3A strands usually measure about the size of a chalk piece, and they are shiny and loose.
- Type 3B: In 3B types, ringlets are springy and have a similar circumference to markers.
- Type 3C: The 3C curl varies in circumference from the size of a straw to the size of a pencil. Lots of natural volume results from densely packed strands.
Type 4 (Coily)
There are several types of coily hair, including soft and fine hair, coarse and wiry hair, and hair of incredible thickness. Right from the scalp, the hair forms very tight, small zig-zag curls.
- Type 4A: Its coils are similar to that of a crochet needle in diameter and have a dense, springy pattern.
- Type 4B: A 4B strand can bend sharply like a Z because it’s densely packed.
- Type 4C: Similar to 4B textures, 4C textures are typically made with tightly coiled strands with zig-zag patterns that are sometimes difficult to distinguish from each other.
Difference between Curly and Wavy hair
A few differences are listed below between wavy vs curly hair.
Hair follicles differ between Wavy vs Curly Hair
Hair follicles in wavy vs curly hair are shaped differently. Hair texture is determined by how your hair follicles are shaped. Hair follicles that are perfectly circular will have straight hair, while hair follicles that are more oval will have curlier hair. As a result, wavy hair follicles fall somewhere between straight hair follicles and curly hair follicles.
The roots of wave hair are flatter and closer to the scalp. It doesn’t matter what kind of hair you have, using products that weigh your hair down will result in it lying close to the scalp. Compared to wavy hair, curly hair generally grows outwards, has a little bit more volume, and doesn’t tend to stick to the scalp unless your roots are very oily.
Thickness of the curl
The volume of curly hair is greater than that of wavy hair, and it looks thicker. Hair that is curly typically has a coarser texture than hair that is wavy. You can instantly thicken your hair with tight, thick curls, as well as give it bounce and body.
Pattern of curls
Cultivar curls are curly hair types, whereas diva waves are wavy hair types. Curly hair has the perfect spiral barrel curl, while wavy hair takes on an S shape. You probably have curly hair rather than wavy hair if you have spirals from root to tip.
Inconsistency in hair
It’s impossible to predict what your hair will look like every day when it’s wavy. The results of wavy hair without product on the first day and what it looks like on the second day. The waves in wavy hair are constantly changing, as they aren’t curly. The curls are more easily held by curly hair.
Hair styling of wavy vs curly hair
The denman brush, finger coiling, and wet styling are some techniques you can use with curly hair. It is, however, less likely that these techniques will work on hair that has wavy elements.
A person’s hair can be classified as straight, wavy, curly, or coily for the most part. The difference between curly and wavy hair has been discussed here. Selecting the appropriate products depends on your hair type. While there are similarities between wavy vs curly hair, there are differences in the products they require. Those with curly or wavy hair who want straight and shiny hair extensions and hair products can visit the HairVietnam brand. There is no doubt that Vietnamese hair extensions have always been a favorite for many people. In the world, Vietnamese hair is considered to be the best because it is selected from Vietnamese women.